Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer (Remote)
Reports to: Technical Lead
Job type: Permanent, Full time, remote working
Industry sector: Software Solutions
Location: Belfast, remote working considered
Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Salary: £60k stg. plus excellent package and benefits. Our client, a multinational software solutions company is looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious senior software engineer to join their team based in Belfast.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the common cloud platform development team to build challenging, high quality product features using the latest cloud technologies and techniques, which will serve our client’s world-wide customer base. The Sr. Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, and implementation of services on the Cloud Platform. T
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and implements high quality, re-usable code. Ensure that code adheres to company software guidelines.
- Employs TDD techniques and automate test cases & test harnesses to enhance quality of product functionality.
- Incorporate Non-functional requirements into the design of the product features in order to deliver a high quality of service to customers.
Work on complex projects with some supervision and has latitude for judgment on own experience and expertise.
- Assists less experienced peers.
Team and Communication
- Provide effective communication with distributed team members.
- Escalate urgent issues to quality assurance and management.
- Participate in Design and sprint planning reviews.
Quality & Process Adherence
- Promote a cloud development ethos and culture
- Follows Test Driven Development best practice
- Development and management of automated build and deployment systems.
- Contribute to or lead customer Support issue resolution and / or reviews.
BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Equivalent degree.
- Experience of developing software at scale for a minimum of 5 years is essential.
- A solid understanding of Agile working practices and methodologies is essential with at least 2 years of experience.
- Strong proficiency in Java programming of at least 5 years. And knowledge of various frameworks and open source libraries related to that stack.
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design is essential.
- The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of and experience of cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS is essential.
- Experience of developing micro services using spring boot is essential
- Experience with deploying as docker containers is desirable.
- Strong proficiency in either front end development technologies or developing REST based web services is desirable.
- The ability to demonstrate experience in the automation of Software testing and build systems are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills is essential
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a dynamic, distributed team environment is essential.
- The ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- Ability to mentor less experienced developers is desirable
Industry specific: Regarded as very knowledgeable/experienced in the following areas:
- Experience of developing for a cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or Google cloud
- The ability to demonstrate Design and architect tasks within a delivery plan is essential.
- The ability to work independently and within development teams in an agile manner is essential.
- The ability to work in a global environment and interface with remote groups is essential.
- The ability to contribute to a cross-functional team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives is essential.
Skills and experience in one or more skills from the following list is essential:
- Developing/consuming REST based web services.
- Use interface design and implementation which ideally incorporates Responsive Design, progressive enhancement, accessibility, localization and internationalization
Skills and experience in a two or more of the skills below is desired:
- BDD principles with Cucumber.
- TDD principles with either TestNG or Junit.
- UI test Automation with Selenium. • Monitoring and Logging: ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Prometheus and Grafana.
Skills and experience in several of the skills below is desired:
- Build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, as part of CICD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of distributed source control solutions such as Git.
- Packaging and Deployment Automation Docker, Amazon AMI, Kubernetes
- Databases such as MS SQL / Oracle.
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal skills is essential.
- Be able to travel to other company offices and partners is essential.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire and drive to succeed is essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills is essential.
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Salary||c. £60k stg. plus benefits|