Our client a successful Commercial and Corporate Law firm in Dublin 2 have an outstanding team of professionals working in their Company Secretarial & Compliance Unit.
They have strong support from the firm’s partners and have been enjoying steady growth both in terms of the client base and of quality instructions. They now wish to recruit an additional Chartered Company Secretary with at least five years post qualification experience. For the right candidate, flexible work options will be considered.
Working as part of a well-resourced Company Secretarial team, and in close collaboration with the firm’s Financial Services and Corporate Lawyers, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of clients and will deal with all aspects of company secretarial compliance, corporate governance, corporate restructuring as well as provide support services to the Board of Directors of our clients Funds clients.
The main areas of responsibility will include:-
- Advising and assisting their client base on various matters relating to their compliance requirements with company and other relevant legislation.
- Corporate restructuring work, Company formations, establishing branches, voluntary strike off and reinstatements.
- Liquidation matters.
- Annual compliance work to include preparation of Annual Returns, Board Minutes, AGM and EGM packs, renewing directors authority to allot shares and to dis-apply pre-emption provisions.
- Organising and attending board meetings of regulated funds, co-ordinating the distribution of board packs, taking and distributing minutes.
- Liaising with internal and external lawyers, accountants, listing brokers, investment managers and regulatory bodies such as the Companies Registration Office, Irish Stock Exchange and the Financial Regulator.
- Providing support to others in the firm on company secretarial related matters.
- Training and supervision of junior staff and sharing knowledge, skills and experience with the team.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- ICSA qualified or part qualified.
- Proven ability to provide first class client service.
- Five years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in another professional services firm.
- High levels of computer literacy.
- Solid skills and knowledge of Company Secretarial software, preferably Blueprint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a team environment and take instructions as necessary.
- Ability to operate on own initiative with a pro-active approach in ensuring that daily, weekly, monthly tasks are achieved on time.
- An ability to ensure a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
- An ability to prioritise, plan and complete multiple activities on time.
The successful candidate can expect a generous reward package, full support with their professional development plan and good career advancement opportunities.
|Job Category||Accountancy and Finance, Legal|
|Salary||€70-85K plus benefits|