Our client is one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of material handling and customised automation solutions and they are expanding in a number of fields.
The position of Robotics Software Engineer requires someone with strong proven design skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should have at least 5 years’ relevant experience and an Engineering degree (electrical/electronic/software/industrial). The core of this experience should incorporate design of Robot programs from concept to completion.
Salary will reflect experience.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Customisation & Development of our product range to meet varying customer needs in the pharmaceutical, food, automotive and electronics industries.
- A thorough knowledge of ABB or Fanuc robots and awareness of other robot manufacturer programming.
- Knowledge and experience of the following: Ladder Logic, STL, Visual Basic, Machine/System Control with PLCs/PC, SQL Databases and SCADA systems would be very useful but not essential
- A thorough knowledge of networking with added emphasis on Ethernet TCP/IP, Profibus DP, ASi, Devicenet and ControlNet.
- Experience in material handling (conveyor systems, lifts and cranes, Robotic palletising and pick and place) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with material flow control software, interface with IT systems will be an added advantage.
- Project Management and Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard
- Good working knowledge of current Safety legislation and European directives.
- Ability to construct technical manuals and documentation.
- Understanding of control systems and capabilities.
- Capability of working on own initiative or as part of project team.
- MS office, Word, Excel, electronic mail etc.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Technical and Engineering|
|Salary||€Negotiable based on experience|