Our client is one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of material handling and customised automation solutions and they are expanding in a number of fields.
The position of Sales Engineer will report into the M.D. and requires someone with strong proven skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background or a component sales background into the manufacturing Industry. They should also possess at least 5 years’ sales experience and an Engineering qualification. A formal sales qualification would also be an advantage.
LOCATION: Ideally midlands area but open in Ireland
- To identify potential robotic solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- To identify new sales opportunities as well as work from leads provided from marketing channels.
- Identify issues or problems customers have within their existing manufacturing plants and recommend solutions to alleviate or eradicate those problems.
- Quickly create relationships of trust with both prospects and customers. The most important communication skill being to listen. No sales agenda to sell certain equipment or brands, only the best solution to meet a customer’s ultimate needs.
- keep up to date with new and emerging technologies that could enhance typical solutions that the company would provide.
- Work with an applications engineering team to assist in putting together the overall concept to be presented to the customer including detailed costings in the final quote.
A Core objective will be to identify opportunities and achieve sales in the following:
- Robotic pick and place systems
- Robotic vision systems
- Robotic Palletising systems
- Spares to existing customers
- Conveyor based systems
Typical Sales values will be €25K – 500K. This role may suit someone with experience in the materials handling sector providing automation solutions.
Core Skills Required:
To be self motivated and capable of effective self management and with skills/experience as follows
- Engineering background
- Closing Skills
- Prospecting Skills
- Account Management
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Manufacturing/Production Line Exposure
- Excellent Listening Skills
- Creating Detailed Quotations
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to use CAD
- Interpret URS documents
- Experience of selling into the Automation Industry or Manufacturing Sectors
- Exposure to Robotic Systems
- Exposure to Automatic Warehouse Systems
- Exposure to different Industry Sectors
|Job Category||Sales and Marketing, Technical and Engineering|
|Salary||€ competitive plus commission, car etc.|