Senior Engineer – Construction
Our client is a leading, and award winning, Irish construction company with offices in Dublin and Galway. They are renowned for delivering outstanding quality projects across the spectrum of construction including large scale commercial, industrial, residential, retail and education projects as well as sensitive restoration/conservation projects. They are now looking for a Senior Engineer to join their world class team based in their conveniently located Dublin offices.
They are looking for candidates who share their core values of quality, loyalty and innovation and who have demonstrated this in their career to date.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Engineer with a Main Contractor.
- Degree qualified in Construction or Civil Engineering
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly motivated with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Site Engineering of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures & provide the technical/engineering expertise to enable the construction of projects.
- Monitor the construction with regard to the quality of workmanship and materials.
- Ensure buildings are built to specification.
- Produce “as constructed drawing” and details of construction methods.
- Compile method statements as required for execution of specific tasks or sections of works.
- Ensure all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information in advance of the commencement of and throughout their carrying out of their works.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Management Systems, Drawings, Specifications, Building Regulations and Good Building Practice
- Assist in maintaining the progress on site in accordance with Project Programme, Health and Safety, and Building Regulations.
- Assist in producing and maintaining contract programs with the Site Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Maintain adequate standards, quality and control of sub-contractors/plant/equipment.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
- Assist and Liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Manager, other Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Head Office and the Design Team to ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services.
Finance & General:
Liaise and coordinate with the Contracts Manager and Quantity Surveyor to ensure the project is constructed in a cost effective manner, to meet overall budget requirements
- Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure that all materials and plant are requisitioned, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage and control the level of materials waste and waste disposal etc.
- Support the project QS with the measurement, reporting and reconciliation of quantities, materials usage and waste.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary package, and benefits.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND/EU WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND FLUENT ENGLISH