Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer (Remote)
Reports to: Technical Lead
Location: Belfast, remote working considered
Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Salary: £60k plus excellent package and benefits. Our client, a multinational software solutions company is looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious senior quality engineer to join their team based in Belfast.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the common cloud platform development team to build challenging, high quality product features using the latest cloud technologies and techniques, which will serve their world-wide customer base. This role is responsible for ensuring that the development is of the highest quality and promotes the cloud culture throughout the team. The Senior QE is a champion of high levels of automation. The role requires a person with experience of cloud QE for cloud development. They will drive the quality required to enable frequent pushes of product to the cloud. They will promote the right mindset through the team ensuring everyone ‘owns’ quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
Champion of Quality
Participate in the formulation and review of user stories to ensure quality aspects are considered early.
- Ensure Test Driven approach to development is understood and followed
- Help formulate the overall testing strategy and defined the needs of the systems to support this and work with DevOps to execute on this.
- Participate in assembling the Continuous Delivery pipeline to test the product.
- Review frequently the performance of the team with respect to quality to assess the adoption of quality in the team and course change where necessary. Review test plans designed to test the product at different levels i.e. integration, system, regression, functional and non-functional.
- Translate the needs for achieving quality into task and estimates working with the team to do so.
- Work with Cloud Ops in ensuring releases are ready and follow the processes required.
- Work as an embedded part of the product delivery team to ensure that changes and new features are accomplished without introducing defects.
- Collaborate with other QA Engineers, Developers, Product Managers and other areas of the business as required.
- Keep leadership appraised of current status and escalate issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- A third level qualification or equivalent in a computing or IT related discipline is essential.
Industry specific: Knowledge/experience in the following areas is essential:
- Experience of leading QA engineering in an Agile methodology for cloud-based products.
- Experience with QA engineering s/w products.
- Experience in defining an overall testing approach with automation as the key technique.
- Good knowledge of CI/ CD frameworks.
- Knowledge of testing support tools such as HP Quality Center, JIRA.
Ability to provide examples of collaborative, leading QA.
- Ability to work with Architecture/Product Manage and other stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Ability to work with both internal & external customers and deliver to timescales.
Essential Skills and experience required:
- – A working knowledge of the following technologies:
- – Testing cloud-based products (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- – Selenium WebDriver
- – Cucumber/Gherkin
- – API testing/Postman/SoapUI
- – Structured Query Language
Desirable Skills and experience:
Familiarity with the following:
- – Docker containers.
- – MS SQL databases
- – Browser automation (e.g. CrossBrowserTesting.com, BrowserStacketc.)
- – Git
- – JSON
- – HTML5
- – Accessibility Checker tools
- – Web Technologies (XML, and SOAP/REST)
- – Maven
- – Java, JUnit, TestNG
- – Project experience with multiple OS e.g. Windows, Linux
- A minimum of 4+ year’s commercial experience of test automation in a Continuous Delivery environment is essential.
- A minimum of 2+ years working with cloud-based development projects/products.
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Salary||circa. £60K sterling plus benefits|