Our client is a leading, and award winning, Irish construction company with offices in Dublin and Galway. They are renowned for delivering outstanding quality projects across the spectrum of construction including large scale commercial, industrial, residential, retail and education projects as well as sensitive restoration/conservation projects. They are now looking for an ambitious Site Engineer to join their world class team based in their conveniently located Dublin offices.
They are looking for candidates who share their core values of quality, loyalty and innovation and who have demonstrated this in their career to date.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Site Engineer with a Main Contractor
- Degree qualified in Construction or Civil Engineering
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly motivated with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support of Site Engineering of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures & provide the technical/engineering expertise to enable the construction of projects
- Ensure buildings are built to specification.
- Produce “as constructed drawing” and details of construction methods.
- Ensure compliance with the Management Systems, Drawings, Specifications, Building Regulations and Good Building Practice
- Assist in maintaining the progress on site in accordance with Project Programme, Health and safety and Building Regulations.
- Assist in producing and maintaining contract programs with the Site Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Maintain adequate standards, quality and control of sub-contractors/plant/equipment.
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
- Assist and Liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Manager, other Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Head Office and the Design Team to ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services.
Finance and General:
- Liaise and coordinate with the Contract Manager and Quantity Surveyor to ensure the project is constructed in a cost effective manner, to meet overall budget requirements
- Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure that all materials and plant are requisitioned, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage and control the level of materials waste and waste disposal etc.
- Support the project Quantity Surveyor with the measurement, reporting and reconciliation of quantities, materials usage and waste.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive salary package, and benefits.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND/EU WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND FLUENT ENGLISH