Our client has over 35 years’ experience in designing and manufacturing bespoke autoclaves for world-leading companies in the aerospace, motorsport, military, electronics and tobacco sectors.
Their extensive expertise is also being applied to innovative autoclave solutions that derive green energy from household and industrial waste, whilst increasing recycling rates and decreasing carbon emissions. Their teams have helped design, build and operate more than 40 anaerobic digestion systems that process waste, sewage and farm substrates in the UK and China.
With several hundred autoclaves designed, manufactured and installed worldwide, along with growing international recognition of their pioneering waste systems, they have a growing reputation and history as a specialist process solution provider.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager on a 6 Month Contract based in Dublin.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Experience of multi- million pound and complex business projects from pre-design through to plant operation,
- Proven management track record in Mechanical Engineering or related sector.
- Preferred candidate with a Marine Engineering, large civils construction projects or process plant background,
- Strong evidence of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels within the company and with external customers and suppliers,
- Ability to manage all on site facets of the project, create and maintain key quality and H&S related documentation, whilst having a hands-on approach to support getting the job completed.
- Positive attitude towards the delivery of Health and safety
- Preferably Degree qualified with evidence of continued professional development.
- Ability in use of project management techniques and tools.
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Strong evidence of strategic planning and risk management.
- Proficient in use of I.T and software, including Microsoft office and Project software.
- Proven experience with all H&S documentation including Risk Assessment and Method statements
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project on site, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with project manager.
- Liaising with the client, other construction professionals.
- Coordinating and supervising site work force, contractors and suppliers.
- Selecting and hiring of site tools and materials
- Making safety inspections and ensuring site safety
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
- Assessing and minimising risk
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
- Helping to negotiate contracts and securing permits and licences
- Forward planning all training for site, making sure everyone has the correct level to be able to work on-site including all contractors and suppliers
- Any accidents that occur on site you’ll need to take responsibility for and work out ways to prevent them happening again.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND WITH RELEVANT COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE MANAGING LARGE COMPLEX ENGINEERING PROJECTS
|Job Category||Technical and Engineering|