Our client is a leading Irish engineering company and has been established for over 30 years. With offices in Ireland and the UK they employ over 200 people and are currently growing at a rapid rate due to a number of major projects throughout Ireland. Their philosophy of excellence in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering has been part of their success in sustaining growth. Because of this growth they now require an IT Training Manager to strengthen their team existing team
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and technically qualified IT professional to develop their career. You will have solid experience in IT Infrastructure, SAP, Citrix, Telecoms and an extensive understanding of CRM.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team across all functions whilst providing commercially focused IT and commercial solutions.
- Train engineers in their proprietary job management handheld technology.
- Manage and coordinate all IT-related training matters including systems integration, data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software.
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems related to hardware, software, and networks.
- Research and recommend acquisition of network hardware and software.
- Monitor network utilisation and performance. Implement procedures for training optimisation, reliability and availability.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
Experience and Qualifications
- Third level education (ideally to Degree level) plus additional Professional Qualifications e.g. MCSE.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a lead role; Managing IT Training, Infrastructure, Telecoms, SAP & Citrix.
- An understanding of Job Management & CRM. Implementing & maintaining Job Management and CRM systems.
- Knowledge of operating cloud-based technologies.
- Telecoms & VOIP experience, perhaps gained in a Contact Centre environment (Desirable)
- Experience of SAP Integration would be ideal.
- Mobile / handheld device integration with CRM and other platforms / systems.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels and have the confidence to challenge when required.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Project and time management skills.
- Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
- The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holder to meet work deadlines.
- Competitive Salary
- All Equipment provided.
- Bespoke Job Management System and opportunity to work with the latest handheld innovation.
- Centre of Excellence Training Program
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND AND FLUENT ENGLISH
|Job Category||Information Technology|